Get in from the Ground Floor?
Since there are more than 100 operating hotel brands and 28 additional recently-annouced new brands, is the current spate of new hotels brand-sensible or brand proliferation?
In the past few months, the following 13 new hotel brands have been announced:
- Capsule Hotel in China by Ta Zan
- BLVD Hotel & Spa by PNK Group
- Ramada Encore by Wyndham Hotel Group
- SLS Hotel by Las Vegas SBE
- Snotels by Michael Metcalfe
- 3 Palms by America’s Best Franchising Incorporated
- Tune Hotels by Air Asia
- Ginger Hotels by Tata Group
- Nuo by Kempins Ki Hotels
- Ibis by Accor
- Hotel ICON in Houston, Texas
- De Vere by Alternative Hotel Group
- J Hotel by Shanghai Jin Jiang International Hotels
About the author: Stanley Turkel, MHS, ISHC operates his hotel consulting office as a sole practitioner specializing in franchising issues, asset management and litigation support services. Turkel’s clients are hotel owners and franchisees, investors and lending institutions. Turkel serves on the Board of Advisors and lectures at the NYU Tisch Center for Hospitality, Tourism and Sports Management. My new book is available at reduced rates. Vist GreatAmericaHoteliers.com.