AAHOA Chairman Hits a Home Run
July 5th, 2011
At the recent AAHOA Convention in Las Vegas, Chairman C.K. Patel reported on the following five major initiatives which have been activated and will soon be implemented.
- AAHOA and InnLink announced that they will launch a customized online travel company (mybesthotelrate.com) similar to Hotels.com, Expedia and Orbitz to facilitate online booking of rooms in almost 100,000 properties across the United States. This new online reservation system will include both AAHOA member and non-member properties and will be available to anyone with internet access.
- AAHOA and BirchStreet Systems will launch a cooperative purchasing program. Members will be able to purchase furniture, fixtures, equipment, food, beverages and supplies more economically and efficiently through an innovative Internet- based purchasing cooperative.
- AAHOA will create the Educational Experience on television and the AAHOA YouTube channel.
- Franchise ROI Study: HVS will analyze the performance and return on investment for several key industry factors (e.g. brand, location, amenity, creep). These studies will help owners decide which hotel capital expenditure will produce the greatest return.
- Fair Franchising: AAHOA joined with the Coalition of Franchisee Associations (CFA) to create the Universal Franchisee Bill of Rights.